3 view header

3 view header

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More No-Sew Window Treatments

Well, I've done it again.  I made more window treatments (without sewing!).  This time they were for my bay window. I have wanted to do something with this window for sew (ha! ha! - I crack myself up!) long!!  I had a picture in my OCD brain of what I wanted to do and came across a photo on a blog that I loved.  You have to check out what Marla of Always Nesting did to her bay window. This was my inspiration - thanks for all your help Marla!!  You can go here to see her window treatments.

I finally found some panels at Bed, Bath and Beyond that I liked.  But there was a problem.  They were on clearance and only had 2 left.  I needed 4 panels so what did I do?  Oh yeah, I cut those babies in half and made 4!  I also wanted tab top panels but these had a pocket for a curtain rod. So, being the creative and thrifty person that I am, I used the tie backs that came with the panels to make some tabs.  Ha!

Hanging the panels was also a challenge.  I really couldn't do a curtain rod because of the angles and everything.  When I saw Marla's window I knew I had to use copy her idea and hang the panels from finials. Another problem.  Those finials are expensive and I needed 10 of them!!  My handyman hubby had a great idea to look in the hardware section at Lowe's.  I found some drawer knobs that I liked and they were much more affordable (about $40 for 10).

Ok, I know you are all dying to see the before and after pictures so here you go:


Before

After

Here they are at night


Here's a day light picture

I can't believe how much they change the whole look of the windows!!  I absolutely love them!!  It was A LOT of hemming tape and ironing so I'm thinking that I might need to take a sewing class and finally learn how to use a dang sewing machine!
Linking up to:

Savvy Southern Style

21 comments:

  1. I actually gasped when I saw those windows! Girlfriend, you not only did good, you did awesome!!!! Wonderful and I can't believe you didn't sew a stitch.

    Lori, you need to link this project to Vanessa's blog - her party. She gets Linky up on Thursday nights so don't forget!

    This is Vanessa's blog address
    http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! Marla let me know about your blog and I just have to say that I am so glad she did! Those are some gorgeous curtains my friend! :-) And I scrolled down to see those great pumpkin topiaries and I am definitely going to be copying that one! I'll echo Marla above and say that I would love to have you join my Inspiration Friday party. It is a great way to meet other folks here in blogland and just some fabulous inspiration! Hope to see you soon!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from Twice Owned Tuesday! These panels are great and I can't believe no sewing!! I love the two tone with the trim. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice touch!!! i have a bay window in my daughters room and put roman shades in it too. these windows are so hard to do anything with, but you sure dressed yours up nicely!!!great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorg, girl. I love the silky fabric and you were so smart to cut them in half and use the knobs to hang them with. This area look so elegant now, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, you are AWESOME! I am so inspired by your great ideas (and thrifty ways)! These look incredible, and like you said change the look of the entire room. Way to go on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great, what a nice change into the room! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are seriously gorgeous. They look so luxurious and I love the idea of hanging them from door knobs. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The panels really dress it up... what a difference! The previous poster used exactly the right word... luxurious. Love the idea of hanging them from drawer knobs... so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from Vanessa's links to say I'm so glad you joined the party! You've inspired me to do "something" with my other bay. Grrr,..grumble, ahhhh...bays are so pretty but so hard to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lori! I know I've already commented above but just wanted to say thanks so much for linking this up to my party! Your gorgeous window treatments are inspiring for sure! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found your blog through links! Love your blog!
    If you ever need new recipes or want to be featured..than please come become a follower to see daily updates and email us if you would like us to feature you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a pretty snazzy post! I left you a little something special on my blog :)

    http://lambaround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love this party link and I wanted to let you know that we are planning on featuring it. We hope that you get a bunch of new visitors.
    www.remodelaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are gorgeous! I love that you thought outside the box and used drawer knobs to hang them. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness - I have the exact set up for my bay window and have NOT been able to figure out what I want. Now I know! WOW - thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting from Remodelholic and I love what you did! Great Job!
    Nancy
    funwithnancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, they look great! Can't believe there was no sewing involved.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are great and no sew? Wow. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three emails
    with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Appreciate it!
    My webpage - rexcrouser.com

    ReplyDelete