3 view header

3 view header

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Goodwill Lamp - A Bright Idea

Remember my little Goodwill lamp I told you about here?  Well, she is all spruced up and lookin good!  I spray painted the base black (big surprise huh?) and covered the shade with fabric leftover from my no-sew roman shades.  I know, brilliant idea.  This stuff just comes to me naturally - ha!  I finished the shade off with some black trim that was leftover from another project.  Isn't she the cutest little lamp?


Here's a closer picture so you can see all the lovely detail trim I hot glued on.






I'm still working on my other Goodwill finds. The framed tin is for my master bedroom - I'll be posting pictures on that soon.  I glued a $1 store candlestick holder to the bottom of the glass vase and it looks nice - I just need to figure out where I'm going to put it!

Linking up to:
HOUSEOFGRACE

3 comments:

  1. That lamp is so cute!! I have a lampshade I've been thinking about covering and I should just do it! Did you glue the fabric edges to the shade then the trim to the fabric? Anything in the process you wish you'd done different?

    You are like me, when in doubt, paint it black :) I was at St. Vinney's yesterday and picked up the cutest planter and once I got it cleaned up I keep thinking about what color I'm going to paint it. After all, I have to do justice to my 75 cent little planter and I just keep going back to black. Wouldn't you know it's too windy to paint today, grrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is now a very adorable lamp.. good job~!!

    now about that tutorial for covering and triming old lamp shades lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute setting. I figured out it's in your kitchen. ? right? cute idea. I only have 2 sets of outlets. One is near the counters and the other is near the microwave (with a garage cabinet I'd love to upgrade). lol You do what works right?

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete