Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lasagna Recipe

Happy Saturday peeps! I wanted to share a recipe I found on line. It was easy to make and my kids loved it!


LADLE-IT-ON LASAGNA


1 Tbs olive oil


1 small onion, chopped


1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes in thick puree


2 tsp minced garlic


1 tsp dried basil


1 tsp dried oregano


2 Tbs grated parmesan cheese


12 oz mafalde pasta (mini lasagna) - cooked and drained
**(I couldn't find mafalde pasta so I used bow ties)


1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese


1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese


Directions:
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened.


Add the tomatoes, garlic, basil and oregano. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.


To assemble, spoon the pasta into serving bowls. Top each serving with about 3/4 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup ricotta cheese and 1 1/2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Serve immediately.


I am submitting this recipe to Presto Pasta Nights hosted this week by Debbi Does Dinner Healthy.




Linking up to the following parties:

HouseofHepworths











2 comments:

  1. Have you tried making Skillet Lasagna? Where you use bowtie noodles, sauce, and mozerella/parm. cheese and cook it in the skillet? It's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome and easy! Do you want to submit this to Presto Pasta Nights this week? I am hosting this week, details are on my blog. I'd love to include this to the round up on my blog on Friday, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO VISIT AND LEAVE A COMMENT. I READ EACH ONE AND APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK. I WILL REPLY TO COMMENTS BY EMAIL OR IF YOU ARE A "NO REPLY" I WILL REPLY BELOW YOUR COMMENT ON MY BLOG.