Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer 2011 Series - Project 2



Thank you so much for all of your nice comments about my front porch. You chicks are the best! A lot of you were curious about the outdoor fabric I gave you a sneak peak of here. Are you ready to see what I did? 


Let's start at the beginning. I have a cushion for my swing that, well, let's just say it's seen better days! It was a pretty sage green but after several years in the sun it was really faded and needed an update. 




See what I mean? Yuck!


So I found this fabric at Jo Ann's and knew just what to do.




I just love that fabric!




Okay, now don't judge, please! If you've followed my blog for a while then you know that I don't sew. I wrapped the fabric around the cushion and pinned it in place. But wait! My mom is coming to visit in a few weeks and I'm going to beg ask her to sew the cover and add a zipper so it can be removed for cleaning. So this is just a temporary fix until my seamstress, I mean my mom is here.


It looks really nice on my swing (unless you turn it over and see all the pins!).




Do you like the pillows? They are actually place mats that I turned into pillows. I showed you my first place mat pillow here. They are so easy to make! I found these place mats at Target and just had to have them! They look great with my new swing cushion!


Here is my swing all spiffied up and ready for summer!








I still have some fabric left so I'm going to make a few pillows for the chairs on my patio. Actually my mom is going to make them - ha ha! Love you mom!


Have an awesome day!


Linking up to the following parties:













Organize and Decorate Everything

HookingupwithHoH


HOG



9 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous of your swing! I have wanted one forEVER! One day I would love to have a big front porch to hang it! Love your new cushion...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, what a sweet space! i love the books all ready for the reading...all you need is a glass of iced tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, Lori! I don't sew either. I've tried, but I am too impatient and skill-less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't sew either. The cushion to the rocker on my front porch is covered with a tablecloth and pinned together! Yours looks great. I really like the fabric for the swing cushion and the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your swing looks gorgeous! My grandmother had a porch swing and I loved it so much! Yours is just lovely! Stopping by from Wicked Wednesday and Handmade Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cushion turned out beautifully! I love the way you complemented them with the contrasting print of the pillows. So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that fabric and the pillows are so cute. Thanks for linking to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute fabric! I don't sew either, lol. Thanks for stopping by to add this to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want a swing like that too. The safety pins work better than the velcro I used on my pillows last year. I was in a hurry for my mom's 80th birthday party. Well she's had her 81st birthday and they are still not fixed. Yikes! and I do sew..lol I guess lazy or preoccupied is my reasons.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.