Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Family Dollar For Fall . . .

I was recently contacted by the awesome people at Family Dollar to sample some Halloween/Autumn decorations. It's probably not the first place that comes to mind when you think of holiday decor but they have a great selection this season. Family Dollar has great deals on all your trick-or-treating essentials. Halloween costumes, candy and home decor are available now at Family Dollar Stores.


Check out all these awesome finds from my local Family Dollar:




I decided to create a fall tablescape using some of my own items and the goodies I found at Family Dollar.




Oh wow! I am just loving how this turned out! 






I love those candles! 






What I love about this is that it's not holiday specific. It can be used for Halloween, Thanksgiving or any occasion during the fall. Plus, this can all be used again and again each year. Awesomeness!!


Here is a cost breakdown for my tablescape.


Family Dollar


Vinyl leaf tablecloth  $3.50
Leaf candy dish  $1.00
Leaf napkin holder  $2.00
Pilgrim salt & pepper  $1.00
Faux pumpkins/gourds  $3/bag
Tall Glass Candles  $1.50 each
Mini Scented Candles  2/$1
Dinner Mints  $1
Butcher's Twine  $2.00
Bag of Pebbles $1.00


Items I already had


Round placemats - Walmart - I think they were $1 each
Pumpkin Plates - Kohls (from several years ago)
Cloth Napkins - Hobby Lobby $1 each (they are actually bandanas!)
Pumpkin Tea Lights - Target Dollar Spot (from several years ago)
Faux leaves - I've had these forever and I'm sure they came from the dollar store!


I still have a few more items to use so stayed tuned for some more Family Dollar decorating!!


*I was provided with Family Dollar merchandise from MSL in exchange for my honest opinion and review.

Linking up to the following parties:




HookingupwithHoH










18 comments:

  1. It looks great, and I get a sense of Fall coziness. I am coming to the conclusion I need to print picture of everyone's fall decor to hang around my house. That is about the only way I am going to do any fall decorating. Everyone is posting such beautiful pictures. I'm going to have to change my ways. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Family Dollar Store !

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's great. you're right, it really can be used all season long. lucky you on being contacted, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I cant believe those big candles are from the dollar store!!! the decorations look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! How do you get the kids to stay away from it and messing it up?
    I'm having a Halloween/house warming party Nov 5th(when all the Halloween items are marked down~Pretty smart, eh?) I will definitly use this if I ever get a kitchen table!!!
    PS saw you on FB in the Family dollar store page I will sooo continue to follow! I need to update my blogger...it's oooooooooold!
    Thanks!
    Patti~NW AR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love tablescapes, and this one ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fantastic job with your dollar store finds! I like those pumpkin dishes a lot! Great Halloween or Fall tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute table! Love the pumpkin dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so it really doesn't have to cost alot to do a beautiful table! This looks great! Love your dinner plates with the pumpkin rim. Where did you get them? XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! Each and every single picture is gorgeous.Love your delightful Halloween settings...yes, every bit of it. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with your dollar goodies! I just saw those plates at Kohl's yesterday. They had a lot of them and I hope they go on clearnace because they are really nice and heavy. After seeing them on your table I really want them!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Family Dollar really scores! I agree with you that it's nice to be able to use something for the whole season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous!! Budget is a big word around our home these days. Love your blog and am now following!!

    Blessings,

    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your festive table done on a tight budget, it is great. Love the dinner plates. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I love that we can create pretty tables inexpensively! Thank you for sharing....
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Tablescape for fall is so pretty sweet lady.
    The colors you have put together are Beautiful with your dishes!!
    I go to the Family Dollar store all the time for my Tablescapes, some great finds. Im your newest follower on your blog now.
    I hope you have a great week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just goes to show how a little creativity can take you a long, long way! You did Family Dollar proud!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.