Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mud Room Update . . .

Before I get to the mud room updates can someone guess what is wrong with this picture:




It's March . . . in Ohio . . . our normal high temp is around 53º. That is almost 30 degrees above normal people! My daughter and her friend were playing on the Slip-N-Slide today! We seem to have skipped spring and just gone straight to summer. I hope we don't have a snow storm in April or something crazy like that! 


Okay, enough about the crazy Ohio weather. In my last post I mentioned a not-at-all-planned project that I'm working on now. I went from "let's clean out the garage" to "I'm going to create a mud room by the door in the garage". That is how my crazy OCD (obsessive compulsive decorating) mind works!


I have made a lot of progress but still have a few things left to do. Here are a few pix . . .




Organization is always important. I used the drawer cube that I got free from Market Day. My BFF got one too and didn't want it so she gave it to me. Double the organization!




I painted my old coat rack with some aqua paint and now I have a place for my reusable grocery bags.


I still need to touch up the paint on the scuffed up walls. Then I have a little project to work on that involves the door and some stencils . . hmmm . . wonder what that could be.   : )




Linking up to the following parties:







4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea Lori! Our garage could use some (okay, a lot) of help. I may have to steal some of your ideas!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori - love the color you painted your coat rack. Looking forward to more of your organizing ideas. As for the warm temps---I will take these warm Ohio winters any day over the usual snow, ice and cold. Love. It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!! I can't wait to see it all done! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog via the Blog Hop. I’m your newest GFC follower!
    http://our-reflection.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.