3 view header

3 view header

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dresser Turned TV Stand ~ FREE Project!


Hello everyone! 

I'm sure you remember my week from hell that I mentioned hereWe've moved past all that craziness (except for the bills! yuck!) and things are getting back to normal . . . whatever that is!

I had to get really creative and came up with
the crazy idea of turning an old dresser into a TV stand. Finally something went right and we were able to make all the changes without spending any money. We used leftover paint, MDF and trim from other projects and came up with this . . .


Here is where we started . . .


 The 2 long drawers were warped and very hard to
open. We removed them and primed and painted the inside of the dresser. I used leftover paint for the small drawers and hardware from the cabinet doors I removed in the kitchen.




The shelves are MDF (left over from another project).
We finished off the front of the shelves with some left over trim I found in the basement. 


The DVD player and DVR just fit on the top shelf.
Handyman Hubby drilled a hole in the back for 
all the cords and wires. 

I don't have my new TV yet but that's ok. The
small one from our bedroom is a good temporary fix. 


I love this corner of the family room now! As you
can see I have a large blank wall to 
do something with.  : )


Update - August 2012:
Here is what the family room currently looks like.
 I absolutely love it! 






Wanna see something scary? Warning! It may hurt your eyes! Don't say I didn't warn you!  This is what the family room looked like a loooong time ago .


I can't believe it's the same room! Everything was
so dark and nothing was really working. Now it's
light, bright and totally me!




Linking up to the following parties:









Jennifer Rizzo

Remodelaholic







23 comments:

  1. Lori - all I can say is Amazing!!!!!! The room looks awesome and I love that dresser makeover into TV stand. LOVE it!!! xxx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori. This is a great idea...you've done such an awesome job! I'm a new follower, if you've got time it'd be great if you popped over to my blog for a look :)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Lori! It turned out great! The "before" is so different! Isn't it funny how our tastes change? And how our taste gets better? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Beautiful transformation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tv stand turned out so great, Lori. You and your hubby make a great team! You must have been so happy that your DVD player and DVR fit ~ it was just meant to be. Your entire room looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I found your blog via the live.laugh.rowe blog hop. I'm excited to be following along!
    Alesha <3
    http://www.tobless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that project! I have a dresser that I really don't like... as soon as I find something to replace it, I might make something like this with it!

    I'm your newest follower from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I love this idea! So creative! Sorry you have been going through a rough time. Your project is absolutely AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out so great! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pleasant place to live in a place like this. My condo has a spacious living room like what is on the photo and I am really happy.

    condo philippines

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really did transform the whole room! I love the muted greys, very tasteful and timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this....it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your creativity with this dresser. Great idea to remove the drawers, that changed the entire look and turned it into the perfect TV table. I love you room. Just visiting from the May Blog Hop and am now following you. I would also love to invite you to link this up to Freedom Fridays Blog Hop.

    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

    PS Check out my May 24th post where I am co hosting Katherine's Corner Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. TWO Parties, one place! So hoping to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful transformation Lori, and all done the thrifty way! You are right the room is much brighter now and is still cozy and welcoming. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop and for your bloggy friendship xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is so cool! Thanks for sharing. I'm a new GFC follower from a blog hop. I would love if you came on over and followed me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a new GFC follower from a blog hop. I would love if you came on over and followed me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays! I will be checking back to see what else you are up to:) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, love the white color & that it's reusing something you could have thrown out. Very useful transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. With all the flat screen TV stands available it is sometimes difficult to pick the right one. When choosing your LCD or plasma TV stand, there are some things that you should consider in order to find one that will not only fit your needs now, but is big enough to accommodate more equipment as your needs change.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Business owners know that people will be spending a lot of money the day after Thanksgiving, so they strive to get as much of that business as possible.
    ________________________
    corner tv stand

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blogs and every other content is so entertaining and useful It makes me come back again.
    TV Stands Max

    ReplyDelete
  22. the crazy idea of turning an old dresser into a TV stand. ... rtvstands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete