Wednesday, August 15, 2012

7 Days and Counting

We have 7 days of summer vacation left. My kiddos will head back to school on August 22nd I'm looking forward to getting back on a schedule and having some quiet time during the day.  : )

I figured that I better get some "Back To School" decor out on my console table. As usual, I didn't purchase anything new. I just used items from around my house and came up with this. . .

Back To School 2012


I printed the subway art last year and put it in an old frame that was painted white.


The vintage fan is from an antique sale and was
in my library. I love it and wish I had another one (or 3)!


The little wood bus is from an old sign that broke. I just attached it to the pot (Ikea) with some twine. I think the faux plant is from Hobby Lobby (last year). I've had the fabric apple for years. It's from my "Country and Americana decorating" days. . . thank goodness I've moved on from that!

In case you're wondering how the master bedroom redo is coming along, well let's just say it isn't!  I found a comforter that I really liked but the store didn't have the size I needed. I did find a few accessories and a clock so I guess that was progress. If anyone has some decorating motivation they can send my way I'd appreciate it!



Linking up:


5 comments:

  1. Motivation! Motivation! Motivation! I started painting my bathroom yesterday. It was still not done until we moved in and had these ugly green drywall walls and ceiling. I painted the ceiling in two colors and I LOVE it!
    School startes here in my part of Germany next Wednesday, too and I am NOT looking forward to it... ;) But as I am a teacher I should motivate myself with some happy "back to school" decoration like you did here. It's really cute. I like the apple and I have one like that (which I made myself years ago), but here in Germany the apple is not known as a symbol for school/teaching. Maybe I do it nevertheless just for myself. Where can I find that subway art? Did you do it yourself???
    Jule

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute ~ love the subway art. I went through that "country" decorating phase too ~ what were we thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous that you get the house to yourself. :) I get to go back to first and second graders saying my name 1,000 times a day. I love it, but there's NO quiet or to-your-self time there. I am super impressed that you have back-to-school decorations! Wow! Looks very cute. Can't wait to see what you do next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori,

    That is such a cute idea! Gets the kiddos in the "back to school spirit" although mine are very ready to go back. I thought I was ready but I'm not. :( I always get a bit melancholic during this time. Kiddos are growing up way too fast.

    Blessings,

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea. I can't believe the summer is nearly over already! Hugs P.S. thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.