3 view header

3 view header

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Organizing The Medicine Cabinet

Happy weekend everyone! I'm supposed to be working on the Master Bedroom Project but I keep getting side-tracked. While looking through some decorating and organizing magazines I came across this photo from Better Homes & Gardens . . .



Both of our bathroom medicine cabinets really needed a good cleaning and organizing help. I used some contact paper that I already had and covered the back of both cabinets. That was a huge improvement!

I looked everywhere for the razor/toothbrush holders with no luck. They are actually pen holders that attach to a clipboard. I tried Staples and some on-line stores but couldn't find them. I ended up ordering these from Amazon for $3.59 . . .



They are a cinch to install and can also be separated easily.







Here is the organized medicine cabinet in our 
Master Bathroom . . .




Kids Bathroom . . .




I divided the holder in the kids bathroom in half. I used the remaining half in the shower to hold my razor.

The biggest improvement was just cleaning out the cabinets. My kids are messy with the toothpaste so cleaning that up made a big difference! We even have extra space in both cabinets now!




Have an awesome weekend!!


Linking up:


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

5 comments:

  1. Lori, it looks fantastic! Love the idea. We are under a hurricane watch here. I just may have time to get some things done around the house.

    Blessings,

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve these ideas! I wish I could down size my meds so my cabinet would look this good!

    I do have my drawer were my make-up, toothbrush is in small long baskets to keep it organized.

    And the drawer were my electric shaver and misc. small items are in the same kind of baskets.

    I do a lot of scrapbooking and have enough items for a store (seriously I do) and keep things in old jars (love old jars), baskets and drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love this idea! Your bathroom cabinets look amazing! I love the colors you picked! Found this through a linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas, don't know why i didn't think of them? I so need to "clean" up my cabinets, soon. Like those hang ups. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link - I've also been looking for those!

    ReplyDelete